Friday 2 July 2010

Flash Film Idea!

I'm probably biting off way more than I can chew, but along with the movie posters, I'm going to try and get a short flash animation done too. I think I'll have a better chance of getting job after this course if I get a bit of animating done, and I really like using the program so should be good practice.

The story is about a narwhal who falls in love with a giant plastic ice cream cone on top of an ice cream van on the beach. He tries to 'woo' the plastic ice cream, but without any luck, so he ends up launching himself at the ice cream, and lands on the beach. However, as soon as he thinks he's made it, the ice cream van drives away, leaving the whale beached. As the van drives away, the camera pans out across the beach to reveal hundreds of other narwhals who have also got themselves beached trying to get to the ice cream.

I'm gonna thumbnail it and stuff tomorrow. It's gonna be something quick and quirky so won't spend lots of time on character designs and stuff. I'm going to try and limit the animation to tweens, just to save time. Hopefully it'll look good when it's done...

1 comment:

  1. O. M. G.....EPIC IDEA!!! Seriously, I love it, it's hilariously genius XD I know it'll be hard work animating but definitely worth it so gooood luck and keep at it!! Awesome awesome awesome :) xx

    ReplyDelete