Saturday 25 December 2010

Some Blue Mars Lighting

Look I've done some work on Christmas day! Only a little, mind. I found something impressive that I need to consider for my Mars Western...

This is a screenshot of a video I watched today of a sunset on Mars:


Notice something unusual? It's blue! Not orange!

I think this is fantastic news, because blue sunsets could be exactly what I've been looking for to give my Western some colour variety. Or something. I dunno, but I'm very excited. I'm looking forward to adding some blue to my backgrounds now!

Here's a quick and dirty thumbnail I did. I tried to copy the colours from the video of the sunset as closely as possible. What I need to do is add a different sort of lighting to the ground so you can actually see what's going on down there.



I'm going to go play some old Playstation games and eat stuff and lounge about whilst the rest of the family watch Carry On films :) Happy Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment